Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Warrior, The Meditation, The Red Road (poetry, 2008)

Part One: The Warrior

What happens after you
Birth a planet and
Rip out your heart to
Create a sun?

Nothing to do but
Follow your Heart into the
Center of a
Maze of possibilities and pathways
Blazing, each one, with
Atomic energy
Radiating
Swimming
Producing
Heat and Light to your
Beautiful Birth Child -
a Planet of possibilities

waiting for care.

I was a
Woman once, in a
Vision, covered in
Mud that was a field of
Primordial ooze, new,
Unshaped, but holding the
Seed of ancient beginnings.

Awakening by some
Spark, sitting up, letting the
Ooze slide off my
Two-legged form
Standing to reveal a
Viking, an armor-plated
Warrior with
Horned helmet and
Fierce boots.
Muscular
Rock-solid -
A fine progenitor of
Body and Mind -
Square-shouldered
Long-haired and
Blond, Practical
Braids dripping from
Ceremonial costume,
Ready for
Battle, or Exploration, or
Love. Ready for Action.

Surveying the fecund
Wasteland around me,
My freshly raised form
Bends to pick up a
Sceptor with my right hand.
My left picks up a
Globe of
Beauty and Mystery,
Worlds within Worlds
Barely contained
Within its form.

I place the Orb on the
Staff,
Hurl it into
Space, and
Fly up after it, like
Superman, or Wonder Woman,

a Viking prototype
of Supernatural ability.

Every thought is an
Orb
Hurled into
Space.

May all my Offspring
Walk softly and with Gratitude.


Part Two: The Meditation

I have sat in
Meditation, the
Light at my back through
Windows that overlook a
Scene I cannot recall.

I remember sitting in
Meditation, my
Robes and
Status around me, perhaps
Smug in my situation,
Hair in a neat ceremonial
Bun, when the
Doors before me
Opened and disgorged a
Warrior, a Soldier with a
Sword, that
Cut me in two as I sat.

The mark still appears as a
Line down the left side of my
Face, an ancient battlescar only
Healed by Forgiveness.


Part Three: The Red Road

The man Jesus knew
Love has no room for
Other. Choose love or
The Black Road will
Swallow us in
petty concerns and isolation.

The Red Road is the
Path of the Heart, the path of
Connection, the
Ribbon of blood that
Traces the one path of
Genetic fulfillment.

Within you, you
Carry the seeds of
Unique greatness.
Unlock those seeds and
Share them with your
Brothers and Sisters.
Find the fire within you, and
Bring that fire to the people.

That fire, your seeds of greatness,
Are your Red Road.


The Red Road is
Narrow. The path of the
Heart is specific. You
Know when you are on the path.

And you know when you are not.

Sacrifice your ego, and your
Heart will lead you to
Treasures only you can find.


I know these things to be true.
Your fire is needed.
Answer the call to greatness, and
Let your heart lead you to riches.

15 comments:

  1. Cool to see this up on the web, Eve. How does it feel?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Good. Really good. Thx! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you choose the date of this works web publication?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure what you mean by that :) I wrote the piece in 2008, published it here on the Web in 2009. The post date that appears is accurate to the date of Web publications ... hope that answers your question? Thx for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dates are often bookmarks and the alignment of actions with such, regardless of intent, find purpose, then again, platitudes about the past could be reserved for equivocating the existence of the idle.
    I assume you are without patience for the obscurely clever or the fascinating banal, hopefully an exception.
    While many believe, the accurate date of this web publication, lacks the significance of the day, Burt Reynolds appeared with Sandy Duncan on the Sonny and Cher Comedy Hour and Jack Nicklaus passed Aronld Palmer as golf’s all time money winner, it holds place for some.
    Live well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have found that the dates these pieces were written hold personal significance for me, and in going through old notes I do like to see a date for context. I did not consider that a specific date might hold significance for others reading this work ... but I agree with you that "Dates are often bookmarks and the alignment of actions of such ... find purpose." I will consider that for future posts. Thx for the note!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Consideration of your Internet presence in regard to others may be unwarranted.
    If you had chosen a date that held meaning for you, and that date had meaning for me, then it could mean connection; provocation of that possibility prompted posting this dialogue. Since not, we could discuss chance, but that often becomes tedious.
    Thank you for taking the time,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Time unmerciful
    Another year, another
    And there’s none to spare

    ReplyDelete
  9. another year, not from the date of this post, but from the time of my appearance on this planet in this lifetime :) you are timely and poetic, anon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The date still holds meaning for me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. perhaps because, it is the thrity-eighth anniversary of when Burt Reynolds appeared with Sandy Duncan on the Sonny and Cher Comedy Hour and Jack Nicklaus passed Aronld Palmer as golf’s all time money winner, but probably not

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bob Dylan turned seventy-one yesterday, still blurring the line between tenacity and futility; some people don't know when to quit

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dylan is sixty-nine. Damn Math.

    ReplyDelete
  14. both auspicious numbers :) if tenacity can handle depth, there's more to come from the boomer corner ...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope this is not repeatedly reposting. May you be well.

    ReplyDelete